Date & Venue: 14 – 17 October 2015, Slovenia
Open to: Students and young professionals (international)
Deadline for application: 21 August 2015
Balkan SAYS – Security Architecture Youth Seminar is a youth oriented international security seminar. Its mission is to connect students and young professionals who will discuss important security topics with distinguished speakers and search for fresh views and new solutions to the most pressing issues of the Balkan region.
The third annual Balkan SAYS seminar is looking for aspiring students and young professionals who are eager to gain new knowledge and experience on important security challenges of the Balkan region.
The seminar is designed in the form of panel discussions and workshops focusing on the following topics:
- Integration of the Western Balkans’ countries into the Euro-Atlantic Organizations;
- Violent extremism and radicalism;
- Energy security in the Western Balkans;
- Ukrainian crisis and its implications for the European security.
We are looking for 40 exceptional students and young professionals with diverse professional and academic backgrounds. The Balkan SAYS – Security Architecture Youth Seminar is intended for students, young professionals, youth leaders and active young people who are:
- 20 – 35 years of age;
- citizens of EU or NATO member countries or Partnership for Peace (PfP) partner countries;
- with diverse range of experience and skills, particularly focusing on the security sector and familiar with the seminar topics;
- able to fluently communicate and work in English language;
- open to enrich their knowledge and awareness regarding the security and cooperation in the Balkans with a special emphasis to the issues of youth;
- committed to prepare themselves for the conference, and be able to actively participate during the whole duration of the conference.
Participation fee: 60.00 Euros*
The participation fee includes: 3 nights accommodation in shared double rooms (with arrival on 14 October 2015 and departure on 17 October 2015), meals, local transportation and conference materials.
*Please be aware that the participation fee is nonrefundable. All costs regarding the bank transfer of the participation fee (Transfer fees) are to be covered by the applicant.
Partial travel reimbursement will be available for selected participants upon presentation of travel receipts and invoices. The total amount of available reimbursement will be decided on a case by case bases.
Once the application process is complete, selected participants will receive an acceptance letter via email with further details regarding the seminar. Non successful applicants will be informed accordingly.
For more information please contact us on our email: Balkan.firstname.lastname@example.org
Read more about the project and previous editions of the Balkan SAYS seminar at: